Crisp patti samosas filled with a spicy green peas and french bean mixture. Ready-made samosa pattis which are available at most provision stores will help you to assemble this snack quickly.
Cooking Time : 9 mins.
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Makes 6 samosas.
6 samosa pattis
2 tablespoons plain flour (maida)
For the filling
1/2 cup green peas, boiled and crushed
1 cup french beans, finely chopped and boiled
1/4 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons poha (flaked rice)
1 teaspoon oil
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the ajwain, green peas, french beans and green chillies and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the lemon juice, sugar, poha and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Mix a thick paste using the plain flour and water. Keep aside.
2. Fold each samosa patti into a cone (as shown in the diagram below) and stuff with the filling.
3. Seal the edges using the flour paste.
4. Repeat with the remaining pattis and filling.
5. Deep fry the samosas in hot oil over a slow flame till golden brown in colour.
6. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot with sweet chutney.