RICH FLAP JACKS
Super snack for super kids! Rolled oats are rich in calcium and folic acid and thus make for a healthy snack.
Baking Time : 25 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : Nil.
Baking Temperature : 200°C (400°F).
Makes 12 pieces.
½ cup low fat butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1½ cups rolled quick - cooking oats
a pinch salt
1. Mix the low fat butter, sugar and salt and beat well using wooden spoon till it is soft and fluffy.
2. Add the oats and mix well.
3. Grease a shallow 175 mm. (7") square tin and press the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Cool slightly in the tin.
6. Mark 4 horizontal and 3 vertical cuts with a sharp knife to get 12 pieces. Leave aside to cool.
7. Loosen round the edges. When firm, break into pieces.
Rolled Quick Cooking Oats are available at provision stores under the bland names Baggerrys, Harvest Crunch, Champion etc.