SPICED WHOLEMEAL AND OAT PANCAKES
A healthy version of the traditional pancakes which are made of plain flour (maida).
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Cooking Time : 10 mins.
Makes 6 pancakes.
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
a pinch nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
a pinch cardamom (elaichi) powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1½ tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon oil
½ cup low fat milk
½ teaspoon Eno’s fruit salt
a pinch of salt
3 teaspoons low fat butter for cooking
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup orange segments
1. Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt in a bowl with enough water.
2. Whisk till it is a smooth batter.
3. Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with a little low fat butter.
4. Add the fruit salt to the batter and mix well. Divide into 6 equal portions.
5. Pour a spoonful of the batter on the pan to make 50 mm. (2″) diameter pancake, cooking on both sides with a little butter till golden brown.
6. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes.
7. Serve hot with honey and oranges.