GARLIC TOMATO CHUTNEY
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Makes 3/4 cup (approx. 11 tbsp)
6 to 8 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup spring onion whites, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onion greens
2 dry red chilies, soaked
1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
1 teaspoon olive oil or oil
salt to taste
1. Drain the soaked chillies and chop them finely.
2. Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic and sauté over a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till they are lightly brown.
3. Add the chillies and salt and sauté again.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes over a slow flame till the tomatoes are soft and can be mashed lightly.
5. Cool completely and add the coriander and spring onion greens and mix well.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature.