Morning time is very busy and time for me to go office. This schedule ends me up with no time to prepare my breakfast. Finally I have to eat borring Kellog's cornflakes, Museli or Oat Meals which is quick and easy to prepare.
One fine morning I strain my mind a little fighting with previous day leftover curry. This recipe is a classic satiating breakfast which makes use of any left-over subzi in my refrigerator. And you know what? One can even knead the dough to prepare parathas the previous day for mornings that you know will be busy.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Preparation Time : 15 mins.
Makes 6 parathas.
1 cup of any left-over sukhi subzi
3 teaspoons oil to cook
For the dough
2 cups wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/4 cup low fat milk (normal milk will also do)
salt to taste
low fat curds
For the dough
1. Mix all the ingredients required for the dough and add enough water to make a soft dough.
2. Knead the dough very well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll out into rounds with the help of a little flour.
4. Cook each round very lightly on a non-stick pan and keep in a folded wet napkin.
How to Proceed
1. Put 2 tablespoons of the stuffing in the centre of each round and fold like an envelope from all corners.
2. Put the envelope on a non-stick pan with the open edges at the bottom. Cook for a few minutes using a little oil, turn over on the other side and cook again until crisp.
3. Repeat with the remaining rounds to make 5 more parathas.
4. Serve hot with low fat curds.