Walnut, Banana and Oats Muffins
By Arpit, Published: May 11, 2011
Just because its a muffins flavoured with Banana and Walnut, they can beat any taste challenges. This is a wonderful and innovative recipe we have every come across. My daughter can gulp down any number of these delicious muffins with banana and walnut flavour. When it comes to my taste buds challenge, this Muffins pass those as well. I love walnuts and hence I added a little extra amount than mentioned in the recipe for extra crunch. You can also try a variant of these muffins with roasted cashewnut pieces but belive me, nothing can beat the walnuts.
It seems FoodI Blog is setting a trend to invent more and more Quick Cake Recipes, because in past few weeks we have also posted Quick Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake (Microwave) and even this muffins recipe is so quick that nobody can feel lazy to tentalize the taste buds. But if someone is a lazzy buff like me then you can make it in bulk and refrigerate them for a week. But don’t forget to warm it in microwave before eating.
Baking Time: 20 to 25 mins.
Baking Temperature: 150°C (300°F).
Yield: 6 muffins
1/4 cup mashed banana (केला)
2 tsp chopped walnuts (अखरोट)
4 tbsp plain flour (मैदा)
1/2 tsp baking soda (बकिंग सोडा / खाने का सोडा)
1/4 cup powdered sugar (पीसी हुइ चीनी)
2 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats (जइ की खली)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence (वनीला अर्क)
1/4 cup butter (मक्खन)
2. Cream the butter and sugar till smooth and creamy with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Add the walnuts, flour mixture and oats and mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into 6 greased and dusted muffin moulds.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150°C (300°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until a knife or skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack and unmould each muffin.
8. Serve warm.
|149 cal||1.8 gm||15.0 gm||9.1 gm||233.2 mcg||18.0 mg||0.3 gm|