Chawal Lahsuni Palakwale (Spinach Garlic Fried Rice)
by Arpit, Published: June
A deliciously blended flavour of Spinach and Garlic. This rice really goes well with our Garlic, Potato and Spinach Raita. Here’s a winner to a real North Indian flavour. Enjoy this traditional rice goody…. just minus the fat from it like I have done in this recipe as excess fat hinders with the absorption of calcium in the body.
Yield: Serves 4
6 cups spinach , chopped and blanched (पालक)
2 cups Steamed Rice (चावल)
1 tspcumin seeds (जीरा)
1 cuponions, finely chopped (प्याज)
15 garlic cloves, finely chopped (लह्सून)
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes (ट्माटर)
2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste (अदरक-हरी मीर्च की पेस्ट)
salt to taste (नमक)
1 tsp oil (तेल)
1. Blend the blanched spinach in a blender to a thick purée. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
3. When they crackle, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
4. Add the tomatoes and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the puréed spinach and salt and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve hot.