Lehsuni Aloo Palak Raita (Spinach Potato with Garlic Dressing)
by Arpit, Published: June
Salads can be healthy, satisfying meals on their own or perfect accompaniments to main dishes. This Salad combines flavour of spinach and garlic which sets it a Class apart! But before trying this out, keep in mind Garlic should be added as per your Taste buds.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
50 grams finely chopped/minced/crushed Garlic
1 cup Thick Curd
1/4 cup Milk Powder
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
mustard powder to taste
salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
3 cups shredded Spinach
4 cups boiled Baby Potatoes / Potatoes cut into small cubes
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
2. Refrigerate to chill.
How to proceed
1. Put the spinach in a bowl of ice-cold water for half an hour.
2. Drain, wrap in a muslin cloth and refrigerate till ready to serve.
3. Refrigerate the potatoes in another bowl till ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, combine the spinach and potatoes in a salad bowl, pour the dressing and toss well.
5. Serve immediately.
Immersing spinach in ice – cold water will keep the leaves crisp and fresh for a longer time.