Schezuan Sauce (How to Make Schezuan Sauce at home?)
by Arpit, Published: June
Schezuan Sauce addes tremendous flavour when induced to Rice or Noodles. I am a great fan of Chinese food and so I always try to get more and more closer to Authentic Chinese Recipe. Many of my friends asked me how do you make your own Schezuan Sauce? Where can we find Schezuan Sauce? Or Which Brand is good to purchase from outside? Now I have answer for them. I want to show them, how easy it is to make Schezuan Sauce at home. You can store it and use it whenever you want to Stir fry those Delicious Schezuan Fried Rice or Schezuan Noodles. So, what are you waiting for? Note down its ingredients and jump into your kitchen.
Yield: Makes 1 cup sauce
20 Red Chillies (लाल मीर्च)
6 Garlic Cloves (लह्सून की कलीया)
1 tbsp chopped garlic (लह्सून)
1 tsp chopped green chillies (हरी मीर्च)
1/2 tbsp grated ginger (अदरक)
2 tbsp chopped onions (प्याज)
1 tsp chopped celery (सेलेरी//कोथ्मीर)
1 tbsp white vinegar (वीनेगर)
1/2 cup clear vegetable stock (वेज स्टोक)
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
2 tsp sugar (चीनी)
3 tbsp oil (तेल)
salt to taste (नमक)
1. Put plenty of water to boil.
2. Add the red chillies and garlic and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
3. Drain out the water. Grind into a smooth paste in a liquidiser using a little water.
How to proceed
4. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the garlic, green chillies, ginger, onions and celery for 1 minute.
5. Add the paste and fry again for 1 minute.
6. Add the cooking vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and mix well.
7. Add the cornflour mixture, white vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook for 1 minute while stirring throughout.
8. Use as required.