Restaurant Style Dal Makhani
by Arpit, Published: September 11, 2013
Another variant of famous dal makhani I discovered in my kitched. In recent past I visited a famous restaurant in Hyderabad and I liked Dal Makhani in this restaurant very much. Since then I was trying and experimenting in my kitched to reproduce the same test. Finally I have second recipe of Dal Makhani in my blog now. I dont know what to name this so I just call it as Restaurant style Dal Makhani.
Yield: Serves 4
1 1/2 cup split black lentils (छील्के उडद)
1/2 cup bengal gram (चना दाल)
1 tbsp ginger(अदरक)
1 tbsp garlicchopped (लेहसुन)
1 tsp cumin powder (जीरा पाव्डर)
2 tbsp butter (मख्खन)
1/2 cup tomato puree (टमाटर प्युरे)
1 tsp red chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves / kasoori methi (कसुरी मेथी)
1 tsp garam masala (गरम मसाला)
1/2 cup cream (क्रीम)
2. Heat butter in a brass handi or any pan; add the rest of the ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the dal (lentils), tomato puree, red chilli powder and salt and 2 cups of water and cook till the dal (lentils) is absolutely mashed.
4. Add crushed kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add half of the cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning and remove.
7. Serve, garnished with the rest of the cream.