Restaurant style Matar Paneer Recipe (Green peas Cottage Cheese curry)
by Arpit, Published: September 07, 2013
This restaurant style Matar Paneer recipe is one of my all time favourite and easy to cook recipe. Additional flavour of kitchen king masala really makes wonders. I will try to post recipe of kitchen king masala soon on my blog for all my readers.
So here goes very common punjabi recipe Matar paneer.
Standing Time: 30 mins
Yield: Serves 4
1 cup boiled green peas (मटर)
250 gms fried cottage cheese / paneer (पनीर)
3 tbsp Clarified butter / Oil (घी / तेल)
2 pureed tomatoes (टमाटर)
1 tsp chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (हल्दी)
2 tsp kitchen king masala (कीचन किंग मसाला)
Salt to taste (नमक)
For preparing paste:
1 tbsp Oil (तेल)
1 chopped Onions , chopped (प्याज)
2 Green chillies , slitted (हरी मीर्च)
2 cloves of garlic , finely chopped (लेहसुन)
5 cashew-nuts (काजु)
1 tbsp poppy seeds (खस खस)
1 tsp cumin seeds (जीरा)
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves / Kasuri Methi (कसुरी मेथी)
1 inch ginger , juliens (अदरक)
1. Light fry chopped onions, green chilles, cloves of garlic, cashew-nuts, poppy seeds, cumin, Kasuri Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) and chopped ginger in Oil.
2. Add 1/2 cup water and keep for 30 minutes and grind to fine paste.
For making Matar Paneer:
1. Fry paste in Oil/Clarified butter (Ghee) for 3 minutes.
2. Add pureed tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and Kitchen King Masala.
3. Add boiled green peas. Cook till ghee separates.
4. Add 1/2 cup water and fried paneer. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot with Chapathi, Kulcha or Paratha.