Gujarati Farsi Puri Recipe (ग़ुजराती फरसी पुरी)
by Arpit, Published: January 28, 2014
Farsi Puri is a kind of savoury biscuits or cookies which you can serve as a Tea or Coffee accompaniment. Farsi puris are crispy yet mouth melting recipe and Favourite Breakfast or snack for Gujaratis.
Learn how to make this easy and delicious Farsi Puris at home.
Farsi Puris have good shelf life and it can be stored for 15 days upto a month.
Yield: Makes 15 puris
1 cup Maida
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Black pepper
Salt , to taste (नमक)
4 tbsp Oil , to be added in dough (तेल)
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Oil , for frying (तेल)
2. Sieve the maida (all purpouse flour) and mix salt, grinded cumin seeds and black peppers in it. Add oil in maida and knead dough adding water. Consistency of dough should be very stiff. Cover the dough and leave it for five to ten minutes to rest.
3. Now the most important step: Take pestle (pestle is a heavy club-shaped object, the end of which is used for crushing and grinding) from your Mortar and pestle set, rest the dough on a flat surface and beat it with pestle until dough becomes smooth. Remember in previous step I told you that consistency of dough should be very stiff? This is the reason why we kept it a bit stiff. Puris made after this will simply melt in your mouth.
4. Now divide the dough into 15 small portions. Take the first ball and put it over a rolling board and roll it into a thick flat disc of around 4 to 5 inches. Now fold this dough and give it a triangle shape and again roll it until 4-5 inches in size. Now pierce them with a fork on some sides of the puris so that puris will become crispy.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry as many puri as you can at one time on slow flame. Turn the puri and fry them till they turn brown. Take out the fried puri on a plate. Fry all the puri in the same manner.
6. Serve with a tea or coffee. A delicious Tea time snack is ready specially from Gujarat.