Spinach Dhokla Recipe (Spinach Dhokla Cake) (पालक ढोकला रेसीपी)
by Arpit, Published: January 27, 2014
Bored of that old Dhoklas which you eat regularly? Here goes my version of Spinach Dhokla with a more eye appealing tempering and blend of various colours.
I took this Spinach Dhokla Recipe from one of my friend’s mom. She is very particular about healthy diet. I am ready to follow Healthy Diet if my mom serves me such a wonderful Spinach Dhoklas every morning.
So here go my blend of Spinach + Dhokla + Capsicum Tempering + Hung Curd = Delicious Colourful Dhokla Cake…
Yield: Serves 4
1 cup Spinach Puree (पालक प्युरी)
1 cup Bengal Gram flour (बेसन)
1/4 cup Semolina (रवा)
salt , to taste (नमक)
1 tsp Fruit Salt (इनो)
2 Green Chilly (हरी मीर्च)
1 cup Curd (दही)
1 tbsp Oil (तेल)
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (राय)
4-5 Curry Leaves (करी पत्ते)
1/2 cup Red Capsicum (लाल शीम्ला मीर्च)
1/2 cup Yellow Capsicum (पीला शीम्ला मीर्च)
1/2 cup Hung Curd (बधा हुआ दही)
1. Blanch and add spinach, green chilli and water in a blender and blend well till it becomes a paste.
2. Remove this mix in a bowl, add besan, semolina (rawa), salt and curd and mix again. (Add additional water if needed to make batter consistency as dhokla batter.)
3. Grease the dhokla moulds with a little oil . Put water in the dhokla maker and cover it with lid and bring the water to a boil and reduce heat.
4. Quickly add fruit salt into the batter and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the moulds (I used Cake Tin), making sure they are only half full.
6. Put the moulds into the steamer, close the lid and steam for 30 minutes (Time may vary depending on quantity of batter, to ensure wether dhokla is cooked or not try inserting toothpick in middle of the dhokla. If it comes clean then dhokla is done).
7. Remove the trays from the steamer and allow the dhoklas to cool.
8. Take a tempering pan, heat oil in it and then add mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves. Once mustard seeds crackles, add capsicums (red, yellow) and saute for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
For Decorating Dhoklas:
9. Spread Hung Curd on top of the Dhokla. Cover it fully like Cake icing.
10. Arrange tempering over curd and enjoy your colourful Nutritious Spinach Dhokla.