Moong dal halwa recipe (मुंग दाल हल्वा)
by Arpit, Published: February 09, 2014
Moong dal halwa is a delicious Indian dessert which is best during winters. I tried this halwa in one marriage function and I wanted to make it at home since then.
Finally I got chance today to make this delicious dessert at home.
Soak time: Overnight (5-6 hours)
Yield: Serves 4
2 cup split yellow moong dal , (also known as green gram or golden gram) (मुंग दाल)
2 cup milk (दुध)
1 1/2 cup sugar (चीनी)
1 1/2 cup ghee (घी)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder (एलाय्ची पाव्डर)
mixed dry fruits (काजु, बादाम, पीस्ता, कीस्मीस)
2. In a pan heat ghee (clarified butter) and saute moong dal mixture on medium flam for minimum 15-20 minutes or until moong dal mixture turns light pink. Or until you can smell moong dal aroma.
3. Now add milk (as soon as moong dal turns light pink). Add sugar and mix well.
4. Saute moong dal halwa until ghee separates.
5. Now add cardamom powder and dry fruits and mix well.
6. Serve Moong dal halwa hot for best taste.