Healthy Shahi Paneer Recipe (हेल्दी शाही पनीर रेसिपी)
by Arpit, Published: April 26, 2015
Everytime we go to a restaurant we order Shahi Paneer because it is Creamy, full of Fat and Tasty. But today this same retro recipe is going to get an interesting twist in our kitchen.
Off course it would be same creamy and tastier Shahi Paneer but with a Healthy twist to it.
Yield: Serves 4
For Red Greavy:
1 cup chopped tomatoes (टमाटर)
1/2 cup sliced onions (प्याज)
5-6 cashew nuts (काजू)
4 whole dry red chillies (सुखी लाल मिर्च)
2 tbsp oil (तेल)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste (अदरक लहसुन की पेस्ट)
1 inch cinnamon stick (दालचीनी)
3-4 cloves (लवंग)
2 bay leaves (तेज पत्ते)
2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (कसूरी मेथी)
3 tbsp fresh tomato puree (टमाटर की प्युरे)
salt to taste, (नमक)
2 tbsp whisked low fat curd (दही)
1/2 tsp honey (शहद)
2 tbsp almond cream (बादाम का क्रीम)
1 cup (200 grams) low fat paneer (पनीर)
2. Chop tomatoes and add it to pan. Stir it a bit.
3. Now start chopping onions and add it to pan, stirring it a bit.
4. Add dry red chillies and cashew nuts. Add 2-3 tbsp water to this mixture.
5. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes. Or until tomatoes and onions are cooked.
6. In another pan again heat some oil and add ginger garlic paste to it once oil is hot.
7. After 1 or 2 minutes add Cinnamon, cloves and Bay leaves to it.
8. After 2 minutes add fresh tomato puree to it with around 2 tbsp water. Now add crushed Kasuri methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) and allow this sauce to simmer for couple of minutes.
9. In the meantime grind cashew, onion and tomato mixture to make it a smooth paste,
10. Once paste is ready add low fat curd to this and grind it little bit more.
11. Now add this mixture to tomato puree sauce which is simmering in another pan.
12. Stir this mixture a bit and add almond cream, honey and salt as per taste.
13. After 3-4 minutes add paneer and allow it to simmer for not more than 5-6 minutes. (Cooking paneer more will make it rubbery and hard.)
14. Garnish your dish with some garam masala and chopped cashews.
1. Always remember: Do not cook Paneer too long else it will become Rubbery or Hard.