Oats are a rich source of soluble fibre 'Beta-glucan', which is a potent cholesterol-lowering agent. Serve these rotis hot with fresh low fat curds (dahi) for a really healthy treat.
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Makes 6 rotis.
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
½ cup quick rolled oats
½ teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
¾ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons oil
Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
Fresh low fat curds (dahi)
1. Combine all the ingredients and knead into stiff dough using a little water.
2. Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Shape into round balls and roll each ball into 125 mm. (5") diameter rounds using little flour.
4. Cook on a tava (griddle) on both sides till brown spots appear.
5. Serve hot with fresh low fat curds.