A simple to make original traditional pizza sauce.
Cooking Time : 20 min.
Preparaion Time : 15 min.
Makes aprrox. 2 cups.
1/2 kg. red tomatoes
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh cream
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon oregano or 2 pinches ajwain
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons refined or salad oil
salt to taste
1. Put the tomatoes in hot water. After 10 minutes, remove the skin and grate into a pulp.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion and celery for at least 5 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 teacup of water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the tomato pulp, chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt.
5. Boil on a slow flame for at least 10 minutes.
6. Add the cream and mix.
7. Use as required.