Yield: 15 Slices
- 1 cup Khoya (mava)
- 6 gms sugarite
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- 2 drops rose essence
or powdered sugar
2. Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the SugaRite/sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
3. Cool completely
4. Now add the rose essence and mix well.
5. Divide into 2 equal portions.
6. In one portion, add the cocoa powder and mix well.
7. Roll into a 200 mm. x 75 mm. (6" x 3") rectangle. Keep aside.
8. In the other portion, add the chopped pistachios and mix well.
9. Make a roll of 25 mm. (1") diameter and 200 mm, (8") length.
10. Place the pistachio roll on the chocolate rectangle and roll it in such a way that the chocolate rectangle covers the pistachio roll evenly from all sides and there are no cracks on the surface.
11. Wrap the roll in a plastic sheet or grease-proof paper and refrigerate till firm (for approx. 10 minutes).
12. Remove the plastic sheet or grease-proof paper and cut into 12 mm. (1/2") slices.