Cabbage prepared with Methi Leaves adds more flavor to the vegetable in itself. It’s a great dish with loads of nutritive value to it. Methi adds a lot of flavor to the dish and it tastes quite different and yum as well. I added some of my superstar veggies to this dish but you can be little bit innovative and add whatever you want.
2 cup finely shredded while cabbage
½ cup finely shredded red cabbage
½ cup thinly sliced carrot
½ cup finely chopped onions
2 tomatoes finely chopped
1 potato chopped ( bite size pieces)
½ methi leaves
1 tsp rai (black mustard seeds)
1 tsp methi danna
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
3-4 green chilies finely chopped
1 tsp amchur powder
Salt to taste
1 table spoon Olive Oil or any cooking oil
2 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped) for garnish
1. Shred the cabbage, wash well under water and keep aside. Also thinly slice the carrot and keep aside.
2. In a pan, add the oil and let it heat well. Add rai and methi to the oil and let them sizzle. Add the green chillies and methi leaves to the pan and sauté them for 2 mins. Now add the finely chopped potatoes and sauté them in the pan with methi for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the onions, carrots, cabbage to the pan and sauté them well. Add all the dried masala’s (i.e. turmeric powder, chilly powder, amchur powder and salt) to the pan and mix all the ingredients well.
4. Cover the pan with the lid and let the cabbage cook for around 20 mins or till the time the potatoes are properly cooked.
5. Then add tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins.
6. Garnish the dish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or parantha.