INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
100 gm slit green chillies
3 tbsp roasted ground sesame seeds
3 tbsp grated jaggery
150 ml thick tamarind pulp
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp salt
5 tbsp sesame oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp fenugreek seeds
400 gm paneer
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp dried mint
¼ tsp roasted ground cumin
2 tsp chat masala
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1. For the chutney, slit the green chillies lengthwise. Stir sesame powder and jaggery into tamarind pulp.
2. Add chilli and turmeric powder with salt. Simmer over moderate flame for 5 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté mustard and fenugreek seeds for a few seconds before adding to tamarind mixture.
4. Heat the remaining oil. Fry green chillies until tender.
5. Add tamarind mixture to the pan. Stir to combine. Cool.
6. For the paneer chat, cube paneer Combine the remaining ingredients. Season and pour over paneer.
7. Chill before serving with the chutney.