LEFTOVER RICE PANCAKES
Tonnes of rice left-over is difficult to manage. The final way out to use this rice left-over is to reprocess it with some masalas, tomatoes and onions which ends up in borring biryani sort of thing. But this recipe is delicious and easy to cook using any left-over rice.
Prepartion Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Makes 10 to 12 pancakes.
2 cups cooked rice
1/3 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup chopped spring onion
1/3 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 cup Bengal gram flour (besan)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tablespoons curds
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
salt to taste
oil to cook
1. Combine the ingredients except the oil in a bowl.
2. Add enough water to make a sofr dough.
3. Divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal portions.
4. Using wet hands, press one portion of the dough onto a damp cloth to form a 100 mm. (4″) diameter circle.
5. Lift the cloth and upturn the pancake on to a non-stick tava.
6. Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil. Repeat with the remaining dough to make 10 to 12 pancakes.
7. Serve hot with green chutney.