Soya Fried Bullets
by Arpit, Published: September 19, 2011
Vegetarian and Healthy version of Soya Bullets. Nothing more to say on this recipe, it is simply delicious.
Yield: Serves 3
1.5 cups Dry Soya Chunks
2 Garlic Cloves
To Coat Soya Chunks:
1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 cup corn flour (corn starch)
1 cup water
1 cup Breadcrumbs
Oil, for deep frying
2. Add Salt and Soya chunks. Cover and soak minimum for 15 mins. More it is soaked, more flavours will indulge into Soya chunks.
3. Press Soya chunks with your Palm to Drain access water.
4. Combine all purpose flour with one cup of water to form Lumpless batter.
5. Divide this mixture into two halves.
6. In a Bowl pour in the Corn flour.
7. In a Zip lock bag mix Breadcrumbs, black pepper, garlic powder and salt. Shake well till they combine.
8. Deep Soya chunks in All purpose flour mixture and then coat them with Corn Flour.
9. Deep them once again into another all purpose flour mixture (Remember we divided this mixture into two halves!!!).
10. Now, put them into Zip lock bag and shake it, shake it, shake it. Till Breadcrumbs are coated on all Soya chunks.
11. Heat oil in a pan and Deep fry Soya chunks till they are golden brown.
12. Serve hot with Ketchup or any of your favourite chutney.