Khajur Imli Ki Chutney (खजुर इमली की चटनी)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Makes 2.5 cups
1 cup deseeded dates (खजुर)
2 tbsp deseeded tamarind (इमली)
1/2 cup grated jaggery (गुड)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (लाल मीर्च)
1 tsp cumin seeds powder (जीरा पाव्डर)
salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the dates and tamarind.
2. Add the jaggery and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
5. Add 1 cup of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well. Use as required. Store refrigerated.